Saturday, February 21, 2009

The yogurt strike continues . . .


Avery really hates messy hands, even if it is chocolate!


Eating her Yogurt-Banana Muffins (with chocolate chips)


Well, Avery's yogurt strike continues, even with Dora yogurt. In fact, really she is eating next to nothing, very frustrating. I had gobs of strawberry yogurt left in the fridge about to expire and several bananas that, in my humble opinion, we too ripe to eat. So, what to do not to waste food? I searched several different recipes and found one that looked appealing; yogurt banana muffins. The recipe, I tinkered with a bit, using applesauce in place of the oil, using strawberry yogurt instead of vanilla (it was all I had), and using 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour. They came out great. It made 48 mini muffins. I divided them up into three bags, freezing two. The second batch I made without alterations except adding in some chocolate chips. Both recipes I added about 3 times the amount of cinnamon. Yum!

No comments: