Monday, April 6, 2009

Target & CVS Shopping 4/6 (Game Snacks)

So my lovely hubby reallllllly wanted snacks for the big NCAA Championship game tonight, which he asked for in the same breath as telling me we were almost out of milk . . . gasp! At any rate, it gave me a chance to go into town and go to Target and CVS.

Here was my Target spending, which included the game snacks and my "deals":

Transaction #1
1 Phantom Gillette Power Razor ($7.99)
1 Gillette Shaving Cream ($1.89)
1 Bliss Chocolate ($2.99)
-1.00 Bliss Chocolate Target coupon
-1.00 Bliss coupon (Sunday inserts)
-1.00 Gillette shaving cream coupon (P&G 4/5 insert)
-2.00 Gillette Razor coupon (P&G 4/5 insert)
Total (including tax): $8.35--received $5.00 gift card for buying razor and shaving cream together.

Transaction #2
1 Phantom Gillette Power Razor ($7.99)
1 Gillette Shaving Cream ($1.89)
1 Bliss Chocolate ($2.99)
1 gallon milk ($1.99)
1 bag Doritos ($2.50)
1 2-lit. Mt. Dew ($1.50)
-1.00 Bliss Chocolate Target coupon
-1.00 Bliss coupon (Sunday inserts)
-1.00 Gillette shaving cream coupon (P&G 4/5 insert)
-2.00 Gillette Razor coupon (P&G 4/5 insert)
-$5.00 Gift Card from first purchase
Total (including tax): $9.45 --received $5.00 gift card for buying razor and shaving cream together.

Now, if I wasn't a total idiot, I should have done the razor/shaving cream on Transaction #2 and then used that $5.00 gift card on the Doritos, dew, and milk, but I don't know what I was thinking. At any rate, I will always use a Target gift card!

CVS



The monthly deals for April include $2 ECB for buying Adidas deodorant (phase 3), regular price they are $4.99, but I found the "intensive" scent on clearance for $2.99. SCORE! Unfortunatly, I didn't even realize that it rang up $3.74. I'll have to get that corrected when I go next time. Secondly, there was a HUGE "designer" chocolate clearance. Most of the starbucks & russell stover bags and bars were on clearance for between $1-2 dollars. Wait, I thought . . . russell stover coupon, russell stover coupon--yes! I still had a Russell Stover BOGO coupon from eons ago that I clipped and never figured I'd use. The particular bag I got was $1.65, not too shabby considering these bags usually find their way into gift bags for various people/occasions. I also took advantage of the skintimate shave cream that is FREE after ECBs.

Transaction #1
1 skintimate shave cream ($3.49)
1 Adidas deodorant ($3.74--should have been $2.99)
2 bags Russell Stover chocolate (2 @ 1.65)
-BOGO Russell Stover chocolate ($1.65)
-$7.00 ECB
Total (including tax): $2.13 (on gift card from transferring RX)--got 5.49 ECB back (from shave cream and deodorant)

No comments: