Friday, January 16, 2009

Daddy's hat







I have been enjoying the past weeks cold weather, but only because of the school delays and closings. It almost makes it worth going out in below 0 weather if you get paid the same amount for 2 hours less work. Today, school is cancelled altogether because of the frigid temperatures . . . I mean, it's only, like, -13 below right now. At any rate, Avery and I are going to get to enjoy the day together while Bryan goes to an interview in Bunker Hill, IN.

Avery is getting to be very vocal these days, copying everything we say, and saying "I wuf you" to everyone, including Meijer checkout personnel, when she says "bye, bye." This morning, she said "blueberry" as clear as a bell. She is also staring to sing, her favorite songs being "E-I-E-I-O" (Old MacDonald), and Ring Around the Roses. She is also making up lost time for her months of picky eating, now, practically eating everything in sight. This morning, for example, she ate an entire bowl of cheerios and a small container of yogurt. Before, her breakfasts would consist of a few bites of oatmeal. Yesterday, she ate LoMein, Mac & Cheese, sauteed green beans, broccoli, peaches, and sweet & sour chicken at Red Sun, our favorite Chinese restaurant. She ate for an hour! She is definitely growing up right before our eyes. At least she lets me rock her to sleep. I think, for me, as long as I can rock her, she will still be a baby to me!

No comments: