Thursday, January 29, 2009

A quick sidenote of frustration!!!

Well, just like many others, weight loss is one of my New Year's resolutions. Unlike many others, I have not ruined that resolution--yet. To help support this weight loss, the Bevins family is having another Biggest Loser competition, likewise I have joined the Biggest Loser competition at school. However, after one full week of exercising EVERY DAY WITHOUT FAIL, and being on the weight watchers plan, I have lost exactly 0 lbs. Yes, NOTHING. This is really discouraging, especially since I did weight watchers before and lost about 30 lbs. ARGH!

3 comments:

tejl said...

Aw, that must be frustrating! But Nicole, you have less weight to lose than you did before - so it's going to be harder to do. Plus, if you're working out, you might be building muscle mass, which cancels out any weight (fat) loss you have for the week. Just stick with it and try not to get discouraged!!! It's about how you feel and how your clothes fit and stuff like that, not just the number on the scale. You've seen on the Biggest Loser how at first, everyone is so huge it's almost easy for them to have losses of 10+ pounds, but then the thinner they get, the smaller the losses are. You can do it, I know you can!! :)

Tiffany said...

if it helps...I haven't lost yet either...well, except 1 pound all month! keep at it!

eric said...

I actually just talked to my doctor about this as part of my own weight loss stuff, and she said that 30 pounds is the usual hump for people when they're embarking on anything over that... it's tough to get over that hurdle.